HISTORY OF SALT
Historically, we have used sea water to cure various ills and improve health, and a clear example of this is already in 5,000 BC in Mesopotamia, plants and substances of the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea were used to alleviate pains and diseases. It has also been reflected in some Egyptian papyri remedies using marine origin as resources for healing. Or for example in China, where sea water is used as healer for nearly 3,000 years BC
Also the scientific world gives evidence of its many benefits: Plato (428-347 BC) he said: “The sea water cures all ills”. Also Rene Quinton, a French born 1866 that revolutionized scientific and philosophical world of his time and of the future with their findings to the marine environment plasma.
The history of salt has also been closely linked to economic transactions in the history of mankind. In fact, hence the current word “salary” because, due to its high economic value, this mineral was used as payment for work done.
IMPORTANCE OF SALT IN HEALTH
The body needs SAL
Salt is much more than just a condiment that enhances the flavor of food; It is also an additive that prolongs life by retaining the water they contain, preventing microorganisms from multiplying. The salt is very important for health, because it is the best dietary source of two essential elements for the functioning of our body: the sodium and chlorine .
The Sodium is the major cation of extracellular medium. Associate chlorine and bicarbonates, is important in acid-base balance. Its core mission is to maintain osmotic pressure in the extracellular medium and thus avoid an excessive loss of water . Excess sodium causes water retention, while its deficit causes a loss thereof. Also of some importance in the maintenance of normal muscle excitability and cell permeability.
The chloride anion is the principal extracellular fluid. Absorption and excretion, as well as its physiological function, are closely linked to the sodium. Like sodium, it is very important to maintain the osmotic pressure and acid-base balance . It is a necessary component of gastric juice, and is also involved in the immune system, it helps to combat attacks from germs.
Our body is formed at 75% salt water, so that the salt is indispensable for our bodily functions: regulating the liquid content, maintains the tension of the tissues and allows the functioning of muscles and nerves.
The World Organization of Health (WHO) recommends consuming about 6 g of salt daily . This consumption may depend on various factors such as climate, activity, etc. Water and food we eat already contain salt, so just an additional consumption of 2-3 g per day. If we do sport, sweat or submit muscles to a great effort, we have a greater need for salt.
With products based on salt as offering you the wide range of products Sal Costa , you will give your body the contribution of daily salt needed. And thanks to the range of salt fortified , you are also providing other necessary nutrients, such as iodine, fluorine, magnesium, calcium or folic acid . Do you dare to try?
LACK OF SALT IS HARMFUL TO HEALTH
Poor intake of salt for an extended period may have adverse health effects . In old age, it is especially important that salt intake meets minimum, because as the body can not control the water content as when I was young, need salt to retain the liquid. Salt deficiency leads to less salt is taken, and therefore, less drink, which is circular.
Neither sodium restriction in the stage of pregnancy, especially in people with ileostomy (people experiencing a loss of sodium), lithium therapy (prescribed treatment for certain types of depression), severe hypothyroidism and some kidney diseases justifies may cause sodium loss, diarrhea and severe vomiting.
2.3 SEA WATER AND BLOOD PLASMA
It was René Quinton (s. XIX-XX) who discovered the virtues of isotonic seawater injected to cure various serious diseases . Quinton discovered that the composition of sea water is rich in trace elements in areas where phytoplankton and zooplankton, so resembles the composition of our blood plasma for its variety and proportion of minerals and trace elements. He also claims that the living environment contains all the elements contained in the seawater. The power does not decide the composition of an organism but, on the contrary, it is the primordial composition of the body that decides the need and choice of food.
In 1903 the French health recognized the therapeutic use of Quinton marine plasma, and financed for nearly a century.
Currently, sea water is marketed as a beverage, acting assistant in treating some diseases like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. It also enhances the performance of athletes, among many other applications.
THE BENEFITS OF SEA SALT
- It gives energy to the muscles, prevents muscle cramps, stiffness, contractures …
- In the bathroom, it helps fight fatigue, stress and the accumulated fatigue after a hard day’s work or any kind of effort, making our body relax and revitalize.
- Deleted and / or relieve skin problems such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, acne, fungal, lip sores, insect bites.
- Prevents varicose veins and spider veins in the legs and thighs.
- Prevents and / or alleviates rheumatism, gout, arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Reaffirms the skeletal structure and gives hardness to the bone. Osteoporosis occurs in the absence of salt, because if the body needs more salt than it gives, the extracted bone.
- It has great antibacterial and antibiotic effect.
- It is highly recommended in weak people.
- It is a natural, anti-allergic antihistamine.
- Regulates sleep, acting as a natural hypnotic, developing healthy sleep patterns.
- It helps eliminate recurrent infections.
- Regulates the water content in the body, important for good performance.
- It is important to generate energy in the body’s cells.
- It is important in the absorption of nutrients through the intestinal tract.
- Eliminates (uric acid, lactic acid) toxic acids.
- Within weeks, there is a great transmineralización and superb enrichment of calcium, magnesium, fluorine, etc.
- Significantly stimulates the healing of wounds.
Here at Spanish Passion Asia Pacific, we only bring the best for your health! read more about our salts!